You've probably heard about Web Stories or AMP Stories. A friend told you or you’ve read an article that this is a new and a cool way to write content. Well, your friend may be right...
Web stories make it possible to create content in the same format as Instagram, or Snapchat stories, but as a web page.. Google's most famous search engine can pick it up, and your stories will be discoverable outside the boundaries of any social network. Your content will live forever on the open web and can be shared everywhere.
Welcome to the 21st Century! We have NO CODE tools now.
Why is it so important to start utilizing Web Stories?
We've been working with emerging startups and companies for many years now and obviously, discovered that it's very important to be fast and up to date in the online world. We were spending so many resources on development, design and just brainstorming. As you probably know this can be a really exhausting process. We needed some help to make us more productive and competitive on the market.
We decided to build Ampstor for many reasons, but here are the main ones:
- Create Web Stories as easy as 1,2,3 without coding a line of code.
- The world needed Templates! It is faster to build Web Stories when you are inspired
- Publishers were desperate for stories on the net. They needed a new channel.
- Users were disappointed. How are they supposed to be engaged with 2 page long text posts?
Let’s break the vision down to one thing: The hard way versus Ampstor, obviously the easy way.
The hard way
First, you’ll need to understand this…
No, seriously! AMP HTML is a subset of HTML for authoring content pages such as news articles in a way that guarantees certain baseline performance characteristics. Confusing right?
Here’s what you’ll actually need:
- A basic understanding of AMP’s core concepts (see "Convert your HTML to AMP" tutorial)
- A browser of your choice
- A text editor of your choice
If you want to go down that road, go wild! Here’s where you can learn more.
Then multiply that by a couple of days of coding, or eternity (if you don’t know how to code) and you have your first Web story. Now repeat that every day for a couple more months and you’ll have some content to share.
The easy way
- First go to: ampstor.app and don’t forget to sign up!
- Next: Click on that BIG blue button that says Create Story.
- Select your favorite template.
- Publish! Again you have a big blue button that says Publish Story.
And voila! Your story is shared with the world. Pretty easy right?
It is that simple! Try it here.
...or even better, let's meet! Schedule a call with us here.